- Product Features
Account-based pricing available. Call us at 888-880-1880 to discuss commercial pricing options.
Sold by the 5 meter reel, foot and sample kit.
This is black light, and will cause white and light-colored items to glow ("fluoresce.") Black light is frequently used for:
- Halloween decorations, amusement parks and haunted houses;
- artistic purposes, such as illuminating artwork with bright white, hot pink, yellow and lime green;
- detecting counterfeit currency and driver licenses;
- curing plastic resins; therapeutic and diagnostic medical uses; and
- attracting insects.
Ultraviolet 400nm LED strip is also known as near ultraviolet, Ultraviolet A (400-315nm) long wave, or black light LED strip. When illuminated UV LED strip light will emit some visible violet light. However, do not judge the brightness of this strip with your eye, as a large portion of the light output from the UV strip is invisible to the human eye.
Tight spectral power distribution, centered on 400 nm. UVB (315-280nm) and UVC (280-100nm) light serve different applications, such as germicidal disinfection and extreme ultraviolet lithography. Excessive exposure to high power ultraviolet light may be hazardous. Here is a scientific paper on the hazards.
This waterproof side-view LED strip shines the light off the edge of the strip, which is perfect for many decorative applications. It has a rectangular cross-section waterproofing tube, which is handy if you want to mount the strip using the broad side of the strip. We also sell a side-mount waterproof version with a flare on the edge of the tube away from the light, so you can mount it on a plane orthogonal to the beam. We selected the best 3014 chips because they're rugged and bright. You get high Color Rendering Index for superior quality lighting, and they work with all the same dimming and control systems as our other LED strip lighting.
Easy to install: has high-adhesion stickyback. Just peel off the wax paper and stick it to any clean, dry substrate. Waterproof versions come with 20 rubber tie downs if you buy the complete reel, plus a glue tube, plus 5 ribbon-to-cable connectors, plus 2 caps for dead ends, plus 2 caps for the live ends. You get those accessories with full-reel purchases only. Or you can buy the special foam tape and glue we list as companion parts.
Easy to dim or control using any of our LED dimming drivers, controllers or pulse dimmers. Use a DMX controller in conjunction with our DMX decoders for ultimate control over your lighting.
- Black Light UV 400 nm (400 nm wavelength.)
- IP67 waterproof.
- 653 mW/meter = 2 lumens/meter.
- 12 volts DC.
- 2.3 watts (2.3 watts/foot = 7.2 watts/meter.)
- Length: 12.3 in = 312.5 mm.
- Width: 0.47 in = 12 mm.
- Height: 0.24 in = 6 mm.
- LED spacing: 0.41 in = 10.4 mm.
- Cuttable in segments. Cutting increment: 1.23 in = 31.3 mm.
- UL, RoHS.
- 50,000 hours expected lifetime.
- Warranty: 3 years limited.
- Easy-to-use ribbon to cable connectors, ribbon to ribbon connectors and ribbon to ribbon jumpers are available. (See companion parts.)
- No Ultra-Violet emissions (except for the special UV version), so it won't harm your art or documents.
- We use high quality LEDs for maximum color vibrancy, longevity and color rendering. We pay more for our LED components, and you'll benefit from the difference. This is not a commodity product. Quality matters, and the materials, controls, connections and tech support we provide will make your project successful.
- Cut LED strip lighting is not returnable.
- We provide detailed installation instructions, design criteria and technical support upon request.
Application Waterproof Average Lifetime 50,000 hours Beam Angle 60° Brightness 2 lumens/meter Efficacy 0.3 lumens/watt Brightness 2 653 mW/meter Efficacy 2 90.7 mWatt/watt Height (English) 0.24 in Height (Metric) 6 mm Input Current 192 mA Input Voltage 12 DC LED Node Size 3014 LED Spacing (English) 0.41 in LED Spacing (Metric) 10.4 mm Length (English) 12.3 in Length (Metric) 312.5 mm Light Color Black Light UV Light Color Detail Black Light UV 400 nm Manufacturer EnvironmentalLights Min. Cutting Increment (English) 1.23 in Min. Cutting Increment (Metric) 31.3 mm Number of LEDs 96/meter Power (Watts) 2.3 Power (Watts/ft) 2.30 Power (Watts/m) 7.20 Rating UL, RoHS Strip Width 8 mm Type Side View Warranty 3 years limited Wavelength 400 Width (English) 0.47 in Width (Metric) 12 mm
- Photos & Videos
Write Your Own Review