- Product Features
Use this 240 Watt Class 2 DC driver (power supply) from EnvironmentalLightsTM between your magnetic low voltage forward phase dimmer and your 12 volt DC LED lights to achieve smooth dimming on most 12 volt LED lights. Reliable, well-regulated and made in America.
Your in-wall dimmer connects to this supply, which can then drive 12 volt DC LEDs.
- Works with most conventional magnetic dimmers, except most digital ones. See detailed guidance about dimmer compatibility at the end of this note.
- This dimming driver is part of a family of drivers with wattages from 36 to 288 watts and DC output voltages of 12 or 24 volts. Choose an output voltage suitable for your product and a size (wattage) sufficient for your load.
- Designed to drive constant voltage LEDs. AC ripple <300 mV. This ensures the LEDs are not overdriven due to repeated excess current, which is a common fault of many other dimming supplies intended for use with constant voltage LED systems. LEDs last much longer on this driver than competing drivers that allow large ripple voltage.
- Very easy to wire: 2 input wires from the dimmer on the primary side and 2 output wires on the secondary side for the load. The 288 Watt 24 volt supply has 3 96-watt terminal block outputs and the 240 Watt 12 volt supply has 4 60-watt outputs.
- NEMA 3R rain tight wet location enclosure with Class 1 conduit access wiring compartment.
- Suitable for hardwiring (contains 7/8 inch knockouts.) Optional power plug kit is available.
- Manual reset overload protection.
- Operates on 50 or 60 hertz input. At 50 Hz, the supply will be slightly less efficient.
- No external fusing required.
- We suggest de-rating the supplies by 20% in your designs, to be conservative.
- 3 year manufacturer warranty.
- Mean Time Between Failure: 100,000 hours.
- 80% efficiency, typically.
- Ambient operating temperature: -30 to +60°C (-22 to +140°F).
- Storage temperature: -65 to +90°C(-85 to 194°F).
- Humidity: up to 100%.
- Size: (LxWxH) 11.25" x 3.375" x 3.25" for small supplies; 14.25" x 8.437" x 4.437" for large supplies.
- Shipping weight: 7 pounds for small supplies; 24 pounds for large supplies.
- 240 VAC and 277 VAC input voltage versions are available; about 2 weeks lead time. Obviously, you must use a magnetic dimmer rated for 240 or 277 VAC. We do not sell such a dimmer. 240 and 277 VAC drivers are custom orders and not returnable.
- Made in America.
- These dimming supplies work with our LED linear lights, but they may not work with LED linear lights from other companies. We are not responsible for problems relating to the misuse of these drivers with others' incompatible lights or dimmers not listed as compatible parts.
The dimmers and photosensor listed as companion parts are suitable with the 120 VAC version of this product only.
Dimming Notes: Use Magnetic Low Voltage Dimmers only. Do not use incandescent, Electronic Low Voltage or LED/CFL dimmers. Since we rarely sell the 240 and 277 VAC versions, we do not recommend specific dimmers. In general, you will find that analog dimmers fare best. Choices in 240 and 277 VAC dimmers are relatively few. We have seen that the Lutron Nova T series magnetic dimmer works at 120 VAC and imagine that it would probably work pretty well at higher voltages if you buy the right version. If you find a 240/277 magnetic dimmer that you like with this driver, please let us know.
Dimming Type MLV Height (English) 4.437 in Height (Metric) 113 mm IP Rating IP20 Input Voltage 240 AC Length (English) 14.25 in Length (Metric) 362 mm Line Voltage 240 VAC Manufacturer EnvironmentalLights Output Voltage 12 DC Power (Watts) 240 Warranty 3 years Width (English) 8.437 in Width (Metric) 214 mm
- Photos & Videos
Write Your Own Review
Price Per Unit :
Price Per Unit :
Price Per Unit :