Stand alone USB-DMX interface, 512 channels, 99 scenes, Clock/Calendar. Works with EASY STAND ALONE software only (not compatible with ESA PRO, Suite and Suite 2 software). Compatible with Windows XP/VISTA/SEVEN 32-bit or 64-bit version. This is easy to get working with our decoders, RGB, RGBDW, RGBW, and RGBA ribbon and we provide great information and technical support.
The SLESA-U8 includes:
Easy Stand Alone
- A controller box and USB cable (hardware).
- A bonus mini-USB adapter you can plug into a standard 120 VAC wall socket to operate your controller in stand-alone mode. The manufacturer does not provide this adapter, but when you buy from us, you get it as part of the package. Our opinion is that if you buy a stand-alone controller, you should be able to run it in stand-alone mode, with a small adapter, as well as tethered to your computer.
- A CD (software) containing the software and manuals.
- A custom "Getting Started" guide you won't find anywhere else.
- Simple, easy to learn "mixer board" that runs on your PC.
- Allows you to independently set red, green and blue levels from 0-100%.
- Allows you to control many different color LED devices simultaneously, so one wall washer is showing one color, while your RGB panel is showing another, etc.
- Allows you to create "shows" comprising "scenes" and "steps."
- Control color levels and overall dimming level for each step.
- Control duration of each step.
- Control fade time from step to step.
- Address many devices independently at each step.
- Control whether the scene repeats.
- Control which scenes are played and when.
- Use the color wheel or separate R, G and B fader slides to dial in the exact color you want.
- Save your programs to your computer's hard disk.
- Write your programs to the controller, so it can operate by itself in Stand Alone mode.
Controller functions in 2 modes:
- Connected to your computer, receiving signals and power through the USB cable, or
- In Stand Alone mode, receiving power from the included adapter.
Controller box has the following physical features:
- 3-prong DMX IN port and OUT port.
- USB port that uses the included USB cable to connect to your computer or the power adapter.
- 10-pin male port that mates with Crestron and other keypad controls (not required, for convenience only.) Port pin-out is listed on page 28 of the manual, which you can download at "Documentation Tab" nearby.
- 3 buttons on top of the unit (+, _, dim.) The + and - buttons allow you to change scenes. If you press and hold the dim button and then press + or -, it changes the dimming level on your lights.
- On/off indicator light.
- Program number indicator light.
- DMX indicator light.
Install "Easy Stand Alone" software with the Easy Stand Alone controller. It is now compatible with Apple operating systems.