The Sound-to-Light LED Controller flashes your LED strips to the music. You can use the built-in microphone or a standard audio coaxial jack on the side of the unit. It also has several functions that do not use the audio input, including various steady-burn color selection functions and color fade programs. The hand-held remote control communicates with the controller using infrared light, similar to a TV remote control. The controller’s IR "eye" is on the end of a 20-inch cable, so you can place the controller out of site and have the only the eye in view. The remote requires line-of-site visibility and will not work through walls. You can use this controller with 4-wire Red-Green-Blue 12 or 24 volt DC LED strips or other LEDs. 12-volt strip
sample kit is available.
Infrared hand-held remote (with audible confirmation from controller) lets you select operating modes:
- Power on/off. Unit powers up in the mode it was set on when you turned it off, which is convenient.
- Pause button: stops a color sequence.
- Fade/Jump: during a color sequence, this button toggles between smooth fade from color to color and sudden color change.
- E: sound-to-light mode. Flashes the light to music as it fades from color to color.
- R, G, B, O, Y, I, W, P: steady-burn colors.
- Speed + or -: during a color sequence, speeds or slows the sequence.
- Brightness + or -: brightens or dims the lights.
- R, G, B + or -: Adds or subtracts red, green or blue, the primary colors of light, to allow you to mix any color. Controller will remember the custom color if you turn the lights off.
- P1-P6: 6 pre-programmed sequences
Comprehensive installation manual is available. Ask for it!
- Audio source is the built-in microphone or standard audio coax input, selectable by switch on the side of the controller.
- Compact 4.5" x 2.75" x 1" controller is easy to hide or mount using Velcro (not included.).
- Even more compact 3 5/8" x 2 3/8" x 1/4" remote control.
- 3 signal outputs: Red, Green, Blue + Common anode (DC+).
- 12 or 24 Volt DC input is required. Use a high quality regulated driver.
- The controller, if paired with our 60 watt 12 VDC adapter and power cord, will operate about 1.6 reel of regular (150 LEDs per reel) ribbon, which is 26.2 feet) or 6 of our 30 LED Rigid RGB strips. That load may use up to about 48 watts, and includes some margin for safety in both the power supply and LED strip lighting power ratings.
- You can increase the number of LEDs you can drive by adding one or more amplifiers.
- -4 to 140 °F operating temperature range.
- If you use this controller on a vehicle or boat, be sure to use suitable overvoltage protection, such as our Overvoltage protection-12VDC maximum output 8 amp (DC to DC Step Up/Down Buck Boost Converter). That's because your alternator or charging system will drive the system voltage over 12 VDC, which is bad for your LEDs and control logic.
- 94 Hz output.
- Remote control uses CR2025 3 volt lithium battery.
- All remotes are the same-they are not coded and paired to specific controllers.