This power supply creates 24 Volts DC from a 12 Volt AC landscape lighting system. It is used to power our Versaline Christmas lights (or any 24 VDC lighting) in places where you have 12 VAC (low voltage) landscape lighting wire available in the ground, but not 120 VAC (line voltage) power. This makes it extremely useful in common situations. Now, if you have low voltage landscape lighting lines in the ground, you can attach your 3-channel Versaline Christmas lights!
This Versaline power supply is capable of powering up to 4,000 lights.
- Bare wire inputs, stripped. Use landscape wire nuts or other landscape connection techniques appropriate for a load of 120 watts.
- Output connector fits the Versaline Christmas light system. If you want to power any other LED lighting system that uses 24 VDC, you may simply cut off the connector and strip the wires to access 24 VDC and ground. We anticipate that people will do this, because this is a very handy and unusual type of power supply. We also have landscape supplies with 12 VDC output.
- 120 watts output. Available in 60 and 120 watt versions.
- 9-15 Volts AC input. This supply was specially designed to tolerate the wide range of voltage commonly found in sprawling landscape installations. It is not unusual to see a 6 volt drop over long, heavily loaded, older (resistive) landscape lines. This is why many landscape transformers offer 3 outputs (12, 13 and 15 Volts AC.) Using the 15 volt tap allows you to power incandescent or other inexpensive lights that require close to 12 volts on lines that drop 3 or 4 volts at the far end. Unfortunately, near the transformer, the line will have 15 VAC, which can damage lighting or supplies that were not designed for the higher voltage. So the design of this supply will protect it at 15 VAC, where it "bucks" the excess voltage, PLUS the supply will "boost" a voltage as low as 9 VAC. The wonderful result is that it will generate the requisite 24 Volts DC for any input voltage between 9 and 15 VAC. That gives you incredible flexibility to put your Versaline Christmas decorations or other 24 VDC LED lighting in places you never thought possible, without running extension cords over grass, walkways and driveways. Use the low voltage lines you already have in the ground!
- 24 Volts DC output.
- Input wires are 2 x 12AWG; Output wires are 2 x 16AWG.
- Indoor/outdoor use.
- RoHS, IP67. RoHS means compliant with Reduction of Hazardous Substances standards. Lead was not used to make these products.