- Product Features
The DMX-24-2000S is a 24 Channel (3 Amps per Channel) DMX Decoder. This new addition to our Studio Series of decoders allows for greater design flexibility, higher load capacities, and includes the newest scrambled pulse width modulation (S-PWM) technology. With a high PWM frequency of 2,000 hertz, the appearance of flicker that can be seen by studio equipment is reduced and there is a smooth output of light. The DMX-24-2000S also contains S-PWM patented technology, which increases the visual refresh rate and supports a 16-bit gray scale control on the output channels. Simply put, this decoder allows for higher color resolution and enables high speed iris cameras to seamlessly capture video in real time, without flicker.
This is "the missing link." You may have been looking for this!
What it does, in plain English, is it takes the DMX output from any standard DMX console or controller, and decodes the signal so you can drive 4-wire LED Red-Green-Blue lights. Such as LED wall washers, LED strip lighting or LED Modules.
- Output is 24 channels, typically 8 sets of Red, Green and Blue.
- Converts standard DMX signal to PWM output suitable for driving 5, 12, and 24 VDC LED lighting.
- Channels 1-12 and 13-24 are powered by separate voltage inputs, allowing strands of two different voltages to be addressed simultaneously.
- DIP switches on the side allow you to set the decoder’s lowest address so it uses the address you desire from your DMX program. Each decoder has a DMX device address you can set.
- 9 preset test functions - enabled when DIP switch 10 is set ON.
- 3 amp per channel maximum sustained power; 24 channels; 5, 12, or 24 VDC output. Recommended maximum worst-case (all 24 channels on full brightness, sustained) is 3 amp x 12 volts x 24 channels = 864 watts at 12 VDC or 1728 watts at 24 VDC. Use amplifiers for additional power, if necessary.
- 0 to 110°F recommended operating range.
- 2,000 Hz output.
- 1 year warranty.
Drives conventional 4-wire Red-Green-Blue LED lighting using DMX signals. This is for any application requiring conversion of DMX to PWM signals for driving LEDs. Provides 8 X 3 = 24 channels of output, suitable for 8 Red-Green-Blue devices or 24 different white channels, for example.
Because the output is high frequency (2,000 Hertz,) and utilizes S-PWM technology, we recommend this fast decoder for any lighting that may be featured on camera.
Input Voltage 5-24 DC Output Voltage 5, 12, or 24 DC Length (English) 10.24 in Length (Metric) 260 mm Width (English) 4.72 in Width (Metric) 120 mm Height (English) 1.57 in Height (Metric) 40 mm Rating CE, RoHS Warranty 2 year
- Photos & Videos
- Companion Parts