- Product Features
- Photos & Videos
Amplifies weak DMX signals at the end of long control runs.
- Protects your console or controller from failed dimmers, lighting damage and any other cause of high voltage on control lines.
- No user adjustments for easy installation.
- Pinouts labeled on device.
- Heavy duty powder-coated aluminum chassis.
- Clock speed is 40 times faster than DMX data rate to ensure reliable high-speed data throughput; units can be cascaded without data corruption or artifacts.
- 60 mA drive current to drive long control cables reliably.
- Power and input signal indicators.
- Input circuit: EIA-485 receiver with 120 ohm termination resistor between +Data and -Data.
- Input signal: 0.2 volts minimum, 12 volts maximum.
- Output circuit: EIA-485 driver.
- Connectors: Gold plated 3 pin Neutrik D-1 Series.
- Isolation: 2500 volt optical coupler, 1500 volt split bobbin transformer.
- A non-isolated feed through connector is standard on the eleven output model and is optional on the one, three, and five output models.
- Power input: 100 - 120 volts, 50/60 hertz, 12 watts (208 - 240 volt optional).
- Color: Top, bottom and sides: Silver hammer tone; Front and back: Black.
- Size: 6.5" deep, 1.7" high, 6.5" wide.
- 5 year manufacturer warranty.
This is intended for the receiving end of long control runs. The DMX Isolation Amplifier contains separate input and output power supplies. This allows the input circuitry to receive signals as low as 0.2 volts. These are optionally available in any number of configurations for systems with more than one DMX512 universe. Input and output circuitry and specifications are identical to those of our standard splitters.
Isolation of the DMX console or controllers from the dimmers, lights or our 4-wire DMX decoders is desirable because device failure in one of the dimmers, lights or decoders can place damaging voltages on the control cable. Without an isolator between the dimmers, decoders or lights and the console, this voltage can cause extensive damage to the controller's or the console's microprocessor circuits. With an isolator in place, damage, if any, is restricted to the isolator. Electrical storms can also induce damaging voltages on control cables. Barring a direct strike to the system, our Isolated Splitters and Amplifiers effectively protect against storm damage.
Input Voltage 100-120 AC Length (English) 6.5 in Length (Metric) 165 mm Width (English) 6.5 in Width (Metric) 165 mm Height (English) 1.7 in Height (Metric) 43 mm Rating UL, CUL Manufacturer DFD Warranty 1 year
Write Your Own Review