This is an LED downlight module for new construction and retrofit that installs easily in most standard 4 inch recessed housings. (See data sheet at Documentation tab for more information.)
- Cool White, 5000° Kelvin.
- Great light quality: CRI = 80+.
- Consumes only 9 watts and delivers as much light as an 50 watt halogen or a 15 watt CFL.
- Will dim to less than 5% in our tests, if you use the right dimmer. See details at dimmer compatiblity.
- Very energy efficient: 500 lumens delivered using only 9 watts (56 lumens/watt).
- In our tests, we see watts consumed drops linearly with dimming level from 9 watts at 100% to 2 watts at about 25%.
- Accepts 120 to 277 VAC.
- Only 3.5 inches deep, so it fits in tight places.
- More light per watt than compact fluorescents, making it easier to comply with tightening energy codes.
- 50,000 hour lifetime (8 years at 18 hours per day).
- No mercury, unlike compact fluorescents.
- Suitable replacement for a typical 50 watt halogen flood, in light output, color and beam spread.
- Easy to hardwire, or use the included medium (standard) base size screw-in attachment.
- Suitable for use in IC rated cans for contact with insulation or non-IC cans as well.
- Suitable for damp locations.
- 5 year manufacturer warranty.
- Meets CA Title 24 requirements when used with a GU24 connector, such as the one we show in companion parts.
- Made by MaxLite, an industry leader.
- ETL listed.
- ENERGY STAR qualified.
- RoHS compliant.
Highly recommended: The following Lutron CFL/LED dimmers dimmed all the way down to 0%/5% (measured/perceived) in our tests: Lutron Diva DVCL-153P, Lutron Skylark Contour CTCL-153P, Lutron Maestro MACL-153M-IV, and Lutron Ariadni AYCL-153P. If you are looking for a dimmer with vacancy or occupancy sensing capabilities, the Lutron Maestro Vacancy/Occupancy Sensor CFL/LED Dimmer also had excellent performance at 0%/3% (measured/perceived). These dimmers also offer low end trim and are comparatively inexpensive, so the Lutron CFL/LED dimmers are the ones to buy, unless you need wireless capability. For wireless control dimming, the Lutron Maestro (MRF2-6MLV) is great at 0%/6%.
We noted pretty good performance on many other ELV and MLV dimmers, but detected a very slight shimmer or flicker on most of them. There's really no reason to consider dimmers other than the highly recommended ones above, which are listed as companion parts, but if you do, you'll probably get acceptable performance, unless you're picky, and we are.