- Product Features
Sold by the 5 meter reel, foot and sample kit.
This is black light, and will cause white and light-colored items to glow ("fluoresce.") Black light is frequently used for:
- Halloween decorations, amusement parks and haunted houses;
- artistic purposes, such as illuminating artwork with bright white, hot pink, yellow and lime green;
- detecting counterfeit currency and driver licenses;
- curing plastic resins; therapeutic and diagnostic medical uses; and
- attracting insects.
Ultraviolet 400nm LED strip is also known as near ultraviolet, Ultraviolet A (400-315nm) long wave, or black light LED strip. When illuminated UV LED strip light will emit some visible violet light. However, do not judge the brightness of this strip with your eye, as a large portion of the light output from the UV strip is invisible to the human eye.
Tight spectral power distribution, centered on 400 nm. UVB (315-280nm) and UVC (280-100nm) light serve different applications, such as germicidal disinfection and extreme ultraviolet lithography. Excessive exposure to high power ultraviolet light may be hazardous. Here is a scientific paper on the hazards.
This new product is about twice as bright as our former 8 mm wide 120 LED/meter product!
- High density: with 120 LEDs per meter, the light is more even, and if you use our track with diffusers, you can get rid of the dots completely, which is a desired feature in direct lighting applications.
- It's bright, but it's dimmable, so get one of our high quality dimming drivers and use a recommended Lutron dimmer to adjust your light intensity with style, and with the comfort of knowing that we sell the best dimming drivers money can buy, so your LEDs will last a long time. We also test our dimming drivers on many Lutron dimmers and offer Lutron dimmers from the most basic to the fanciest Maestro wireless and RadioRa2.
Easy to install:
- High-adhesion stickyback on both non-waterproof and waterproof versions. Just peel off the wax paper and stick it to any clean, dry substrate.
- Waterproof version comes with 20 rubber tie downs if you buy the complete reel, plus a glue tube, plus 5 ribbon-to-cable connectors, plus 2 caps for dead ends, plus 2 caps for the live ends. You get those accessories with full-reel purchases only. Or you can buy the special foam tape and glue we list as companion parts.
- Black Light UV 400 nm (400 nm wavelength.)
- IP67 waterproof. Available in waterproof and non-waterproof.
- 12 volts DC.
- 44.4 watts (2.7 watts/foot = 8.9 watts/meter.)
- Length: 16.4 ft = 5 m.
- Width: 0.49 in = 12.5 mm.
- Height: 0.16 in = 4 mm.
- LED spacing: 0.33 in = 8.3 mm.
- Cuttable in segments. Cutting increment: 0.98 in = 25 mm.
- When ordered as a full reel, it has wire ends on both ends of the reel, for your convenience.
- UL, RoHS.
- 50,000 hours expected lifetime.
- Warranty: 3 years limited.
- Easy-to-use ribbon to cable connectors, ribbon to ribbon connectors and ribbon to ribbon jumpers are available. (See companion parts.)
- No Ultra-Violet emissions (except for the special UV version), so it won't harm your art or documents.
- We use high quality LEDs for maximum color vibrancy, longevity and color rendering. We pay more for our LED components, and you'll benefit from the difference. This is not a commodity product. Quality matters, and the materials, controls, connections and tech support we provide will make your project successful.
- Cut LED strip lighting is not returnable.
- We provide detailed installation instructions, design criteria and technical support upon request.
Ultraviolet (UV) light is electromagnetic radiation whose wavelength is shorter than that of visible light, but longer than that of X-rays and gamma rays. The name means "beyond violet" (from the Latin ultra, "beyond"), violet being the color of shortest wavelengths of visible light. Ultraviolet light ranges from 400nm to 10nm, but is named "ultraviolet" because the spectrum is comprised of electromagnetic waves with frequencies that are higher than what the human eye can detect as the color violet.
Ultraviolet A (UVA) light can be used for:
- Flourescence photography;
- Reptile habitat lighting;
- Decorative black light applications;
- Amusement part rides;
- Haunted houses;
- Video arcades;
- Detection of counterfeit money;
- Curing plastic resins;
- Therapeutic and diagnostic medicinal uses;
- Attracting insects.
Light Color Black Light UV Light Color Detail Black Light UV 400 nm Wave Length 400 Beam Angle 120° Power (Watts) 44.4 Power (Watts/m) 8.90 Power (Watts/ft) 2.70 Input Voltage 12 DC Input Current 3700 mA Number of LEDs 120/meter LED Spacing (English) 0.33 in LED Spacing (Metric) 8.3 mm Min. Cutting Increment (English) 0.98 in Min. Cutting Increment (Metric) 25 mm Length (English) 16.4 ft Length (Metric) 5 m Width (English) 0.49 in Width (Metric) 12.5 mm Height (English) 0.16 in Height (Metric) 4 mm Average Lifetime 50,000 hours Rating UL, RoHS Manufacturer EnvironmentalLights Warranty 3 years limited Application Waterproof Strip Width 12.5 mm
- Photos & Videos
- Companion Parts