- Product Features
Use this 240 Watt Class 2 DC driver (power supply) from EnvironmentalLights.comTM between your magnetic low voltage forward phase dimmer and your 12 volt DC LED lights to achieve smooth dimming on most 12 volt LED lights. Reliable, well-regulated and made in America.
Your in-wall dimmer connects to this supply, which can then drive 12 volt DC LEDs.
- Works with most conventional magnetic dimmers, except most digital ones. See detailed guidance about dimmer compatibility at the end of this note.
- This dimming driver is part of a family of drivers with wattages from 36 to 288 watts and DC output voltages of 12 or 24 volts. Choose an output voltage suitable for your product and a size (wattage) sufficient for your load.
- Designed to drive constant voltage LEDs. AC ripple <300 mV. This ensures the LEDs are not overdriven due to repeated excess current, which is a common fault of many other dimming supplies intended for use with constant voltage LED systems. LEDs last much longer on this driver than competing drivers that allow large ripple voltage.
- Very easy to wire: 2 input wires from the dimmer on the primary side and 2 output wires on the secondary side for the load. The 288 Watt 24 volt supply has 3 96-watt terminal block outputs and the 240 Watt 12 volt supply has 4 60-watt outputs.
- NEMA 3R rain tight wet location enclosure with Class 1 conduit access wiring compartment.
- Suitable for hardwiring (contains 7/8 inch knockouts.) Optional power plug kit is available.
- Manual reset overload protection.
- Operates on 50 or 60 hertz input. At 50 Hz, the supply will be slightly less efficient.
- No external fusing required.
- We suggest de-rating the supplies by 20% in your designs, to be conservative.
- 3 year manufacturer warranty.
- Mean Time Between Failure: 100,000 hours.
- 80% efficiency, typically.
- Ambient operating temperature: -30 to +60°C (-22 to +140°F).
- Storage temperature: -65 to +90°C(-85 to 194°F).
- Humidity: up to 100%.
- Size: (LxWxH) 11.25" x 3.375" x 3.25" for small supplies; 14.25" x 8.437" x 4.437" for large supplies.
- Shipping weight: 7 pounds for small supplies; 24 pounds for large supplies.
- 240 VAC and 277 VAC input voltage versions are available; about 2 weeks lead time. Obviously, you must use a magnetic dimmer rated for 240 or 277 VAC. We do not sell such a dimmer. 240 and 277 VAC drivers are custom orders and not returnable.
- Made in America.
- These dimming supplies work with our LED linear lights, but they may not work with LED linear lights from other companies. We are not responsible for problems relating to the misuse of these drivers with others' incompatible lights or dimmers not listed as compatible parts.
The dimmers and photosensor listed as companion parts are suitable with the 120 VAC version of this product only.
Dimming Notes: Use Magnetic Low Voltage Dimmers only. Do not use incandescent, Electronic Low Voltage or LED/CFL dimmers. See test results.
For lower wattages (36, 48, 60, 96), we recommend Leviton Sureslide 6613-PL, Lutron Diva (DVLV-603P) and Lutron Skylark (SLV-603P) because they will dim to less than 2%/13% (measured/perceived.) Those dimmers are not as recommended for the larger supplies (240 and 288) because Skylark may flicker slightly and Diva and Skylark will only dim the lights to around 50% perceived. For larger installations using multiple drivers you may have to use the Lutron DVLV-103P, as it can support larger loads. You can put more than one dimming driver on a dimmer, but we recommend keeping the total load wattage under 50% of the dimmer's rating.
For wireless control dimming, the Lutron Maestro Wireless MRF2-6ND-120 is magnificent on all 6 wattages (36, 48, 60, 90, 240, and 288). For large supplies (240 and 288 watts) the MRF2-6ND-120 is strongly recommended over all other dimmers we have tested because it goes down to almost 0% with no flicker. The only caveats are that the dimmer requires a neutral wire in the box and that most of the dimming occurs in the bottom travel of the slide. The top half of the slide is dead travel at full brightness. Of all dimming troubles, this is the least objectionable, and people tolerate it in order to achieve smooth dimming on a specification-grade wireless dimmer.
Our customers have also achieved success on the Crestron DIN-1DIMU4 commercial magnetic dimmer.
If you are using a dimmer other than the ones recommended, listen carefully to the dimming supply when you first connect it to your dimmer. It's also a good idea to try operating the dimming supply on your dimmer with no load (lights disconnected) at first. If the dimming supply makes strange noises or behaves badly, shut it off immediately and do not use that dimmer with this supply.
Dimming 12 volt constant-voltage DC LED lights.
Power (Watts) 240 Output Voltage 12 DC Length (English) 14.25 in Length (Metric) 362 mm Width (English) 8.437 in Width (Metric) 214 mm Height (English) 4.437 in Height (Metric) 113 mm Rating UL Manufacturer EnvironmentalLights.com Warranty 3 years
- Photos & Videos
- Companion Parts