- Product Features
This is a traditional style dimmer line from Lutron designed to work with many DIMMABLE LED and CFL bulbs. See bulb compatibility list at Documentation tab.
- Generally, our tests show that these CL (CFL/LED) dimmers work on DIMMABLE high quality LED bulbs, except for MR16 bulbs.
- The Lutron Ariadni design is a traditional style that fits small aperture wall plates.
- The Lutron various CFL/LED dimmers are very similar in performance, and all have low end trim control.
- Credenza CL lamp dimmer has no low end trim control. It operates similar to the Diva, Skylark Contour and Ariadni, except that it is factory-set not to go as low as those wall mount dimmers because it has no low-end trim control. Lutron has made the judgment that removing the difficult low-end, with its concomitant balky behavior on some bulbs, is more important than allowing the deeper dimming available in certain circumstances on more expensive wall-mount CFL/LED or electronic dimmers.
- Low-end trim control is a small pin-wheel on the front of the dimmer, easily accessible with the cover plate removed. Use it to set how low the dimmer will go. This allows you to remove any undesirable dimmer behavior at the low end, such as flicker, pop-on or drop-out. This behavior depends on bulb construction and what load is on the dimmer. By trimming the dimmer, you can tune it for your installation exactly the way you want it.
- Does not require that the neutral wire run through your dimmer's gang box.
- 150 watts capacity.
- Single pole or 3-Way (multi-location) capable.
- Features small switch and small slide dimmer.
- Use with standard 3-way switches for easy, economical installation.
- Power failure memory.
- Standard RFI suppression.
- UL and CSA listed.
- 1 year manufacturer warranty.
- Wall plate is not included.
- White (-WH)
- Almond (-AL)
- Light Almond (-LA)
- Black (-BL)
- Brown (-BR)
- Ivory (-IV)
The forward-thinking engineering ensures control of dimmable CFL and LED bulbs today, as well as energy efficient light sources coming out in the future—invest in a dimmer that ensures dimming performance as the light source industry evolves.
Lutron's CL dimmers are for certain LED and CFL bulbs that are made to be dimmable. DO NOT use them on bulbs that are not made for dimming. Performance on inferior dimmable bulbs varies.
We have not had much success with this dimmer using low voltage MR16 track light bulbs. Performance with track bulbs depends on the design of the bulbs, number of bulbs, and design of the (usually very cheap) 10:1 step-down transformer in the track head. The net result on MR16 LED bulbs is usually that almost no dimming occurs, in our experience with these CL dimmers. For MR16 track bulbs, our published results show the best performance on electronic low voltage dimmers, which is counter-intuitive, given the inductive characteristics of the step down transformer (one would expect magnetic dimmers would perform better); apparently the capacitive load of the bulb dominates the circuit in most cases, favoring the ELV dimmer. That's our theory anyway.
Power (Watts) 150 Input Voltage 120 AC Output Voltage 120 AC Length (English) 4.13 in Length (Metric) 104.9 mm Width (English) 1.73 in Width (Metric) 43.9 mm Height (English) 1.53 in Height (Metric) 38.9 mm Rating UL, CUL, CSA Manufacturer Lutron Warranty 1 year
- Lutron 150W Ariadni C•L Dimmer Installation Guide
- How to Calculate Wattage When Mixing Lamp Types Using Lutron C•L Dimmers
- CLF/LED Adjustment Dial Instructions
- Lutron C•L Dimmers, Up To 250W-Sell Sheet for End Users
- Lutron C•L Dimmers, Up To 150W-Sell Sheet for End Users
- Dimmable CFL & LED Bulbs Compatible with Lutron C•L Dimmers, Up To 150W
- Lutron Warranty Contact Information
- Photos & Videos
- Companion Parts