- Product Features
These excellent LED under cabinet lights from Maxlite have built-in diffusers and grounded accessory cords and feature ETL safety ratings (file 4004814.) The MaxLite Plug and Play bars offer three major advantages over most LED undercabinet bars:
- They are "self-driven," which means you can connect them directly to 120 Volts AC. They do not require discrete drivers, which step down and rectify 120 Volts AC to a lower DC voltage, required by LEDs. Therefore, installation is simpler.
- They are dimmable, using specific dimmers we recommend as companion parts.
- They have built-in diffusers to hide the "dots," or points of light that may reflect off countertops and other shiny surfaces.
The following series of bars has consistent LED spacing, which allows you to use bars of different length that are all the same brightness: 6" MLSDLB96XXLED; 12" MLSDLB18XXLED; 24" MLSDLB36XXLED; 48" MLSDLB72XXLED.
- 12 inches long.
- Linkable up to 70 bars in a row.
- Warm White (2700°K).
- 12 LEDs.
- 181 lumens.
- 50.3 lumens/watt efficacy.
- Ultrabright, extremely efficient LED lights are economical and maintenance-free.
- 81 Color Rendering Index.
- LEDs are directional, unlike fluorescent and halogen lighting. That means the light shines where you aim it (typically down,) delivering most of the flux to the work surface. Fluorescent and halogen lights have very poor "fixture efficiency" of around 50-60% in most cases, which means half of their lumens are lost in the fixture and are not delivered to the work surface. Therefore, LEDs typically need only half as many lumens as fluorescent sources to get the job done for directional lighting applications such as under cabinet lighting.
- Extremely easy to install because they’re linkable and come with 2 mounting brackets that require just a screw driver and a small hole to install. The branch length limit is 30 bars. (Do not link more than 30 bars end-to-end.)
- Bar width is 0.8 inches-very narrow, and suitable for tight spaces.
- Bar height is 0.85 inches. It’s low-profile and hides under most cabinet fronts, unlike bulkier LED and fluorescent fixtures.
- 1 bar joiner and 1 six inch connector cord are included with each bar.
- Line voltage system is easy to wire. Just connect to a switch or recommended dimmer.
- -40° F to 110° F operating range.
- Shock resistant, rugged and durable.
- No UV generated, so it’s safe for humans and objects, in general. Great for museums, displaying documents, artwork and other UV-sensitive subjects.
- No mercury to contaminate the environment upon disposal, unlike fluorescents.
- RoHS (Reduction of Hazardous Substances) compliant, which indicates lead and other hazardous substances were not used in this product.
- Energy-efficient-saves around 85-90% versus incandescent light.
- No radio frequency interference.
- No buzzing noise.
- No flickering.
- Instant on.
- Lights have up to 50,000 hour lifetime, if properly driven and heat is allowed to escape.
- California Title 24 compliant.
- 5 year warranty from MaxLite.
Recommended: Electronic Low Voltage dimmers. Lutron Diva (DVELV-303P), Skylark (SELV-303P), and Maestro Wireless (MRF2-6ELV-120) Electronic Low Voltage Dimmers dimmed to 14%/38% (measured/perceived) in our tests but you need a neutral wire in the gang box for them to work. Other Electronic Low Voltage dimmers will probably work. The LED/CFL dimmers don't require a neutral wire, but are giving people trouble with flicker, except for the new Maestro LED/CFL dimmer listed as a companion part, which will dim to around 31%/56% (measured/perceived), which isn't exactly great. We do not recommend magnetic dimmers with this bar. The fact is, you don't have any great dimmer options if your switch box DOES NOT contain a neutral wire. Most switch boxes DO have a neutral wire, but some older buildings or non-code construction may not. In that case, you may have to pull a neutral wire or select another of our wonderful dimming bars. Call for assistance.
Please see Documentation Tab for details on exactly what you need to make your system work the way you want it to.
This light bar requires a bare wire power cord or power cord with plug. Without a power cable you cannot connect power to the special fitting on the end of the bar.
This bar is fantastic for a variety of lighting applications, including:
- Under cabinet, under shelf and cove lighting.
- Freezer/Cold Case.
- Cabinet and china hutch interior lighting.
- Entertainment centers.
- Reading and task lighting.
- Closet lighting.
- Cubicle and workbench lighting.
- Museums (no ultraviolet emissions to damage art or documents.)
Light Color Warm White Color Temperature 2,700°K Color Rendering Index 81 Beam Angle 110° Linkable up to 70 bars Brightness 181 lumens Efficacy 50.3 lumens/watt Power (Watts) 3.6 Power (Watts/m) 11.80 Power (Watts/ft) 3.59 Input Voltage 120 AC Number of LEDs 12 LED Spacing (English) 1 in LED Spacing (Metric) 25.4 mm Length (English) 12 in Length (Metric) 305 mm Width (English) 0.801 in Width (Metric) 20 mm Height (English) 0.85 in Height (Metric) 22 mm Average Lifetime 50,000 hours Rating ETL, CETL, RoHS, FCC Manufacturer MaxLite Warranty 5 years
- Photos & Videos
- Companion Parts
$4.86 As low as: $4.86
$2.47 As low as: $2.47
$4.86 As low as: $4.86
$5.57 As low as: $5.57