- Product Features
This is the 24-channel version of the DMX-4-5000. Both have an output frequency of 5,000 Hertz, which is high enough to avoid the appearance of flickering that can occur with high speed iris cameras increasingly used by state-of-the-art studios. We developed this product in response to requests from our customers in the television and film industry. We recommend these faster decoders for any lighting that may be featured on camera.
This is "the missing link." You may have been looking for this!
What it does, in plain English, is it takes the DMX output from any standard DMX console or controller, and decodes the signal so you can drive 4-wire LED Red-Green-Blue lights. Such as LED wall washers, LED strip lighting or LED Modules.
- Analog output is 24 channels, typically 8 sets of Red, Green and Blue. Outputs are pulse width modulation (PWM) signals and dim Red, Green and Blue independently under direction of the DMX input signal.
- DIP switches on the side allow you to set the decoder’s lowest address so it uses the address you desire from your DMX program. Each decoder has a DMX device address you can set.
- Internal termination provided by a resistor that may be activated by flipping switch 10.
- 1 amp per channel maximum sustained power; 24 channels; 12 or 24 VDC output. Recommended maximum worst-case (all 24 channels on full brightness, sustained) is 1 amp x 12 volts x 24 channels = 288 watts at 12 VDC or 576 watts at 24 VDC. Use amplifiers for additional power, if necessary.
- 0 to 110°F recommended operating range.
- Power dissipation is < 1 watt.
- 5,000 Hz output.
- 2 year warranty.
Drives conventional 4-wire Red-Green-Blue LED lighting using DMX signals. This is for any application requiring conversion of DMX to PWM signals for driving LEDs. Provides 8 X 3 = 24 channels of output, suitable for 8 Red-Green-Blue devices or 24 different white channels, for example.
Because the output is high frequency (5,000 Hertz,) we recommend this fast decoder for any lighting that may be featured on camera.
Output Voltage 12 or 24 DC Length (English) 7.8 in Length (Metric) 198 mm Width (English) 3.94 in Width (Metric) 100 mm Height (English) 1.34 in Height (Metric) 34 mm Rating CE, RoHS Manufacturer EnvironmentalLights.com Warranty 2 year
- Photos & Videos
- Companion Parts