- Product Features
Sold by the 5 meter reel, foot and sample kit.
Mega flux infrared LED strip for the surveillance and multitouch markets. Make larger multitouch screens than ever before possible with economical LED strips! Tight spectral power distribution, centered on 850 nm. Complete information on our infrared LED line for multitouch and surveillance, including independent test lab results, is available in our Multitouch Screen IR LED Buying Guide.
This popular LED strip light has 60 very bright LED triplex nodes per meter. It's very bright and the non-waterproof version fits perfectly in many of the diffusers and light diffuser bars we designed for it, so if you want to build custom dimmable light bars in any color with no hot spots, the 5050-60 line is perfect. Available in many colors.
Easy to install:
- High-adhesion stickyback. Just peel off the wax paper and stick it to any clean, dry substrate.
- Waterproof version comes with 20 rubber tie downs if you buy the complete reel, plus a glue tube, plus 5 ribbon-to-cable connectors, plus 2 caps for dead ends, plus 2 caps for the live ends. You get those accessories with full-reel purchases only. Or you can buy the special foam tape and glue we list as companion parts.
- Infrared 850 nm (850 nm wavelength.)
- Not waterproof. Available in waterproof and non-waterproof.
- 534 mW/foot = 1752 mW/meter.
- 12 volts DC.
- 3 watts (3 watts/foot = 10 watts/meter.)
- Length: 11.8 in = 300 mm.
- Width: 0.39 in = 10 mm.
- Height: 0.08 in = 2 mm.
- LED spacing: 0.66 in = 16.7 mm.
- Cuttable in segments. Cutting increment: 1.97 in = 50 mm.
- 50,000 hours expected lifetime.
- Warranty: 3 years limited.
- Easy-to-use ribbon to cable connectors, ribbon to ribbon connectors and ribbon to ribbon jumpers are available. (See companion parts.)
- No Ultra-Violet emissions (except for the special UV version), so it won't harm your art or documents.
- We use high quality LEDs for maximum color vibrancy, longevity and color rendering. We pay more for our LED components, and you'll benefit from the difference. This is not a commodity product. Quality matters, and the materials, controls, connections and tech support we provide will make your project successful.
- Cut LED strip lighting is not returnable.
- We provide detailed installation instructions, design criteria and technical support upon request.
- Can be used with the channel or light bars listed on the Companion Parts tab.
If you are making a multitouch screen, please refer to our Multitouch Screen IR LED Buying Guide. Additional pictures, related products, such as IR cameras, and expert commentary are available at Peau Productions. Also, see the video tab on this product's page.
Infrared (IR) radiation is electromagnetic radiation whose wavelength is longer than that of visible light, but shorter than that of terahertz radiation and microwaves. The name means "below red" (from the Latin infra, "below"), red being the color of visible light with the longest wavelength. Infrared radiation has wavelengths between about 750 nm and 1 mm, spanning three orders of magnitude.
Infrared imaging is used extensively for both military and civilian purposes. Military applications include target acquisition, surveillance, night vision, homing and tracking. Non-military uses include thermal efficiency analysis, remote temperature sensing, short-ranged wireless communication, spectroscopy, and weather forecasting. At the atomic level, infrared energy elicits vibrational modes in a molecule through a change in the dipole moment, making it a useful frequency range for study of these energy states. Infrared spectroscopy examines absorption and transmission of photons in the infrared energy range, based on their frequency and intensity.
For an example of the use of IR LED strip lighting, please see the short videos explaining how to make a multitouch display created by the TouchFactors Lab: Using Infrared LED Ribbons for Multi-Touch and Creating Multi-Touch Display with IR LED Ribbons.
The Buying Guide contains a chart to help you select a driver large enough for your installation.
Light Color Infrared 850 nm Wave Length 850 Light Color Detail Infrared 850 nm Beam Angle 120° Brightness 1752 mW/meter Power (Watts) 3 Power (Watts/m) 10.00 Power (Watts/ft) 3.00 Input Voltage 12 DC Input Current 250 mA Number of LEDs 60/meter LED Spacing (English) 0.66 in LED Spacing (Metric) 16.7 mm Min. Cutting Increment (English) 1.97 in Min. Cutting Increment (Metric) 50 mm Length (English) 11.8 in Length (Metric) 300 mm Width (English) 0.39 in Width (Metric) 10 mm Height (English) 0.08 in Height (Metric) 2 mm Average Lifetime 50,000 hours Rating RoHS Manufacturer EnvironmentalLights Warranty 3 years limited
- Photos & Videos
- Companion Parts